Independent Racking Inspections & Audits Pty Ltd (IRIA) completes over 2,000 racking inspections annually in 30 countries worldwide and has developed into one of the leading racking inspection businesses globally. Our core purpose is to assist in contributing to safer working environments in and around steel storage racking and shelving.
We are audited annually and are an ISO accredited company in:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 4801 – OH&S Management System
IRIA operate independently of any racking supplier or manufacturer. We will not recommend unnecessary repairs, our clients find that our independence from any racking sales process keeps their repair costs down.
Our racking inspections comply with AS4084 and International Racking Standards and includes the following:
- A ground based, visual check of all racking systems on site;
- Checking the correct application and use of equipment;
- Checking that the working load limits are adhered to;
- Where a copy of the load application and configuration drawings are provided a check that the racking installation has not been detrimentally altered
- Checking the extent of damage due to impact with the racking;
- Checking out-of-plumb racking;
- Examine for any dislocation and deformation of sections and connections for uprights and beams;
- Examine connectors for deformation or signs of cracking of the welds;
- Examine base plates and floor anchors.
- Certification that damage listed on our previous racking inspection report has been repaired (included as part of your annual inspection or for a nominal fee can be done at any time)
Safe Work Load Charts
If you require safe work load charts this detail will be listed on your report for all brands of racking. We are able to assist with producing a limited suite of load charts for standard racking on your behalf. We will not know if we are able to produce load charts until after the racking inspection is completed.
Post Repair Certification
Certification of repairs will be included as part of your next inspection without any additional charge, however we can also return to your site at an earlier date to certify the repairs. This can be undertaken prior to you paying for the repairs, if you prefer, and will ensure that the repair work has been completed to the Australian Standard and is complete.