Changes to the Australian Standard – AS4084 2023https://iria.com.au/web/wp-content/uploads/racking-standards-2023.jpg 800 450 IRIA IRIA https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9eb08066f5d6ae8ca54f2c4d4fc27f47?s=96&d=mm&r=g
The Australian Standard for Steel Storage Racking has been updated for 2023. The standard is now in 2 parts; Design 4084.1:2023 and Operations 4084.2:2023. This update introduces a number of concepts that are new, including the notion of a Competent Person.
- Design, Annual Inspections, and Repairs and Maintenance Shall be completed by Competent People.
- Annual Inspections are mandatory
- New Damage Types have been identified and old damage types have been clarified
- Signage requirements have changed and now allow for alternate ways to demonstrate load carrying capacities of racking systems
- Requirements for racking used outside have been clarified
- Re-working of racking elements has been disallowed
- The requirements for non-OEM Equipment usage have been clarified
- The traffic light system remains the method of damage and risk allocation
- Racking inspection and repair documentation needs to be maintained for the life of the racking system.
What Happens Now?
If you want to ensure that you comply with the 2023 version of the standard you need to contact IRIA and arrange an inspection. Utilising IRIA to complete your racking inspection will go a long way to helping with your larger compliance with AS4084 2023.